Recipe by French Tart
This is another one of my daughter's student recipes! She made it up one evening, when deciding what to have for supper, based on her fridge and storecupboard contents!! She has cooked it for us at home, and now I have decided to post it on Zaar, as it is such an easy and inexpensive recipe! Obviously home-made curry powder is always best - but any good quality curry powder will do; this is a curry in a hurry, and aptly named in honour of Bridget Jones's Turkey Curry Buffet, the annual event that she is forced to attend at her parent's house every New Year's Day! Have fun and enjoy!
- 2 cooked turkey escalopes or 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons oil, sunflower
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons golden sultana raisins
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, of your choice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 pint vegetable stock or 1⁄4 pint chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- yoghurt (1 small pot) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil, for about 5 to 10 minutes or until soft and well coloured.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Simmer, stirring at regular intervals for about 15 to 20 minutes, do not allow to boil.
- Add the yoghurt if using and mix well; allow to heat up gently for about 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve hot with steamed/boiled rice, this makes two generous servings.