Chickpea Curry in a Hurry
photo by Anne Sainz
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low-sodium chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- In a large saucepan, add all ingredients except spinach.
- Bring to boil over high heat, cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add frozen spinach, cover, and continue cooking until the spinach is cooked, about 5 more minutes, stirring frequently.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In 2011, I saw a PBS Special, 3 Steps to Incredible Health by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. It inspired me to change to a Nutritarian cooking style, which focuses on the nutrient density of the foods you eat. Since that time, I have been collecting recipes. I have found a few recipes ready to go but most of them were either too complicated for everyday use or needed some changes to fit with this eating style.