1/1 Photo of Brian's Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies (Aka Dirt Cookies)
1 hr 10 mins
I am not a big fan of semi-sweet chocolate chips, so I used milk chocolate chips and then decided to make the cookie base chocolaty too. My oldest son called them dirt cookies because of the brown batter. So, the name stuck. My kids love them and I hope you do too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Gradually beat in flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- 6Stir in chocolate chips.
- 7Drop by rounded tablespoon or roll into your hand an make a ball and place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake for 10-11 minutes (you have to watch them to see if they are done as you can't see them brown because the batter is brown).
- 9Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brian's Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies (Aka Dirt Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.2
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 177.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g