Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
2 filling breakfast tacos (that aren't just for breakfast) using only one egg, and it's a great way to get at least 2 servings of veggies, and maybe 3. I also like to add fakin' bacon on occassion, which is a nice source of soy protein.
- Saute onions and peppers in oil until soft.
- Beat egg and milk, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into sauteed veggies and scramble to desired doneness.
- Top with cheese and let it melt.
- Divide between two warm tortillas, add hot sauce and enjoy.
- This will fill the tortillas up all the way, so arm yourself with napkins!
- Notes:- You can use more or less of the hot peppers as you please.
- I add the serranos because they tend to be hotter than jalapenos.
- If I don't have serranos, I'll use two jalapenos.
- -You can remove the seeds and membranes to remove most of the heat of the peppers, or leave them in if you like it hot.
- I like it very hot, so I leave them in and use a bunch of hot sauce.