photo by SharonChen
- Ready In:
- 6 6 cups bacon or 6 cups leftover meat (assorted hot and cooked fillings of your choice)
- 1 dozen 6-inch flour tortillas, heated (fresh if you can find them)
- 2 cups shredded cheese, such as mild cheddar,pepper jack or monterrey jack,or a combination
- salsa, of your choice
- chopped cilantro
- Set out bowls containing the fillings, cheese, salsa and cilantro.
- Each person builds their own taco by placing the fillings of their choice in the center of the tortilla, and topping it with cheese, salsa and a little cilantro.
- Fold the taco and eat as is, or if you prefer, fold the filled tortilla and spread some butter on the top half of the folded tortilla and place under the broiler a few minutes to"crisp" the top a bit and melt the cheese inside.
- One of my favorites is scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, salsa and cilantro.
- Potato, egg and cheese with salsa tacos are popular in my household, too.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 14 more reviews