- 1 (12 ounce) packagefresh breakfast sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 13x9-inch baking dish. Place bread in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine evaporated milk, eggs, dry mustard, onion powder and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour evenly over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with sausage. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Cover with foil if top browns too quickly.