Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great Breakfast Casserole for a busy morning.
Make and share this Breakfast Sausage Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs bulk sausage
- 10 -12 slices bread, crusts cut away
- soft margarine
- 2 -3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt, mixed with the mustard
- Brown sausage- Drain.
- Butter a 9 x 13 flat pan.
- Butter 6 slices of bread and place in pan buttered side down.
- Sprinkle with sausage, then cheese.
- Butter 6 more slices of bread and place buttered side up over the sausage and cheese mixture.
- Mix together eggs, milk and salt and mustard.
- Pour over bread, sausage, cheese and let set in the refrigerator overnight.
- Bake at 350° for an hour, Let set 20 to 30 minutes after you take it out of the oven so the egg mixture will set.