Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not a big fan of breakfast sausage, but I was quite happy with how this turned out. The reason I created this recipe is because my boyfriend only has spices in his cabinet because I buy them - so I didn't have access to the "typical" breakfast sausage spices.
- 1⁄2 lb breakfast sausage (pork)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix by hand.
- 2. Make patties to desired size.
- 3. Cook on medium in a frying pan approximately 5 minutes on each side.