Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest "All the great flavors of quiche are combined in a hand-held crescent cup."
- 2 (8 ounce) canspillsbury refrigerated garlic butter crescent dinner rolls (8 rolls each)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray 16 (2 3/4x1 1/4-inch) muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Separate each can of crescent dough into 8 triangles.
- Press 1 triangle on bottom and up side of each muffin cup.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in onion, spinach, salt and pepper until well mixed.
- Fold in cheese.
- Fill each cup to the top with egg mixture (do not overfill).
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and edges of rolls are golden brown.
- Remove from pan; serve warm.
I had this at a brunch and it was really delicious. Can't wait to make it myself.
I made this for Thanksgiving breakfast, it is delicious, easy and fun to eat. I served it with crispy bacon and fresh fruit. Everyone loved it. It will be a recipe that I make over and over again.
Hello Sarah, this recipe is great! We made them for Father's Day, when we had a small brunch and these were the WOW factors. We have an all Cuban community of residents' here at the nursing home with the exception of a few and they just loved them! I used 4 oz onion & chive cream cheese & the other 1/2 plain & also added a pinch or two of red pepper flakes for that extra kick! Then a little nutmeg for the spinach but just a tiny bit. I loved the recipe and I hope your not upset with me tweaking it a bit Thanks for posting, this one is a keeper and is going to be a part of the Cafe Ponce's Menu. Hugz, Diane :)