Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I created this when I was trying to find something different and special for breakfast that would feed everyone. I sometimes make this the night before it we have a lot to do in the morning. It also works great for a brunch, party, etc.
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 (10 ounce) canscountry gravy (sausage)
- 10 eggs, scrambled and cooked
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled (can use bacon or ham)
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove crust from container and cut in half.
- Spread out each half onto a 12" pizza pan.
- For Each Crust:.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Spread gravy over crust.
- Crumble eggs and spread over gravy.
- Sprinkle sausage, mushrooms, and cheese over eggs.
- Bake in oven 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
This is exactly what I've been looking for! I've been buying the frozen breakfast pizzas, but felt bad because they are both expensive, and have way too many calories. This is a much better option. I made my pizza on a half-sheet pan, and used 1 14oz can of sausage gravy, 5 scrambled eggs, 1/2 pound of sausage, and 1 cup of cheese. For me, that was the perfect amount of toppings. I skipped the mushrooms, since I didn't have any on hand, but would love to add them next ime. Also, after enjoying a slice fresh from the oven, I cut the rest into squares and froze for later. After reheating in the toaster oven, this tastes just as good as fresh. I'll definitely be making this again, and sharing the recipe with friends.
Very good and easy to make. I left off the mushrooms and added ham cubes. A brunch hit.