Recipe by JoAnn
Traditional Tex-Mex breakfast. You may add shredded cheese if desired.
Top Review by ainsleydoll
I made this last night for dinner. All I can say is WOW. I crumbled up the chorizo as I was cooking it and only used 1 jalapeno because I was afraid it would be too hot for us. It really wasn't so next time I will try 1 1/2 peppers. This dish has lots of jazz and pizazz. My husband and I were delighted. Thanks JoAnn
- 1 (15 ounce) package chorizo sausage
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 6 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the chorizo and strain the excess fat and juice.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the chorizo.
- Mix the onion and pepper and add when the eggs and chorizo are 3/4 cooked (for crunchiness).
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with refried beans, salsa, corn or flour tortillas.