Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Traditional Tex-Mex breakfast. You may add shredded cheese if desired.
- 1 (15 ounce) package chorizo sausage
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 6 eggs
- Cook the chorizo and strain the excess fat and juice.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the chorizo.
- Mix the onion and pepper and add when the eggs and chorizo are 3/4 cooked (for crunchiness).
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with refried beans, salsa, corn or flour tortillas.
I made this last night for dinner. All I can say is WOW. I crumbled up the chorizo as I was cooking it and only used 1 jalapeno because I was afraid it would be too hot for us. It really wasn't so next time I will try 1 1/2 peppers. This dish has lots of jazz and pizazz. My husband and I were delighted. Thanks JoAnn
JoAnn, this was wonderful! Yesterday, at the grocery store, I had brought some chorizo. My parents had told me about going to the house of a close Mexican friend of theirs who made a breakfast using eggs and chorizo. When I went on a search of something similiar, I found your recipe, and it was delicious. I added some tomatoes to the egg mixture, and topped it with sour cream. Next time, I would like to add nopalitos to it. Thank you for a yummy recipe.