Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A muffin with everything you would eat for breakfast baked right into it.
- cooking spray
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes, about
- 2 tablespoons imitation bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Evenly coat 12 (3-inch) muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs and applesauce until blended.
- Add flour, rolled oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pepper.
- Beat until well combined.
- Stir in cheese, parsley, and bacon bits.
- Divide batter evenly among the 12 cups.
- Bake until lightly browned and top springs back when lightly touched with finger, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
I loved this recipe as it wasnt real sweet. Very good with a cup of java!!
I thought the taste was bland. But, my 2 year old ate it and he dosen't like eggs. So this recipe is now a new regular in our house.