Recipe by hamlette
Here in the southwest, this is a VERY inexpensive breakfast, serving 16 people for about $15 - or $.95/person! It's very robust in flavor, and it's one of my family's favorites. Prep time is a little longer if you don't buy your cheese shredded.
- 12 ounces pork chorizo sausage or 12 ounces beef chorizo sausage
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb plain sausage
- 2 (8 count) packages burrito-size flour tortillas
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Seal tortillas in aluminum foil and place in oven at 170°F.
- This will keep your tortillas soft and warm until ready for use.
- Combine chorizo with ground beef/sausage in large skillet- cook until beef or sausage is browned.
- Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Beat eggs with milk and scramble.
- Spoon meat combination and eggs into tortillas.
- Top with cheese, salsa, and sour cream.