Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious breakfast sandwich
Make and share this Breakfast BLT recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh chives (or a combination) or 1⁄4 cup basil (or a combination)
- Tabasco sauce
- 4 English muffins
- lettuce leaf (leaf lettuce or butter lettuce)
- 12 slices bacon, thick slices, halved and cooked crisp
- 4 slices red ripe beefsteak tomatoes, thick slices (preferably similar in size to the English muffins)
- 4 fried eggs (over easy) (optional)
- To make the mayonnaise: mix together the mayonnaise, chopped herbs, and Tabasco sauce to taste; set aside.
- Split each English muffin into 2 halves; toast the muffins until golden brown.
- Spread each half with a liberal tablespoon of the mayonnaise.
- Arrange the lettuce on top of the mayonnaise on the 4 muffin bottoms, adding enough to show off a green fringe for each sandwich.
- Pile on equal portions of bacon and tomato for each sandwich, salting the tomatoes lightly.
- Top with fried eggs, if desired, and crown with the remaining muffin slices.
I made one for me and one for DH without telling him there was mayonnaise in it. He was surprised how good it tasted. Probably because of the chives and tabasco. This was so good. we didn't use the fried eggs. Thanks ratherbeswimmin :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game
The basil in the mayo was just superb, I did serve them on wholemeal/wholegrain rolls (didn't toast them though) but with the crispy bacon and fresh garden tomatoes and crispy iceburg lettuce and a freshly fried egg sitting on top what is there not to like and this was served as a light dinner. Thank you ratherbeswimmin', made for Bargain Basement.