Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
I got this recipe while working for a coffee shop called Tuscany Cafe in Littleton, CO. This was my favorite way to start the day (yes, this is better than coffee, in my mind!) This is absolutely packed with flavor!
For Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cherry tomatoes, seeded and chopped fine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons grated cucumbers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced red onion
- 2 sesame seed bagels
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced thick
- salt and pepper
- Fold cream cheese ingedients together.
- You can also toss all the ingredients into a food processor, but I like a chunkier cream cheese.
- Slice bagels in half, lengthwise.
- Spread generously with cream cheese and top with tomato slices.
- I like to make sure every square centimeter is covered with tomato.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and a good amount of pepper; eat while still warm.
I did this without the onions and cucumbers, but it was very tasty and filling, thank you! :)
A quick, easy, delicious breakfast .... or lunch! I used Philadelphia Light Garden Vegetable spreadable cream cheese, seedless English cuc & grape tomatoes. I served on whole wheat bagel and, as you can see by the fotos, I open-face with the tomato slices cut in half. I recommend using regular cream cheese as the consistency was too soft & it kept squishing off the bagel. Thanx Annie!