Prep 240 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is the tomato dip that Michael Dean's restaurant serves with their meals; it is the best I've ever had and doesn't taste like "traditional marinara sauce" though a lot of the ingredients are similar. I got this recipe from the Raleigh News & Observer newspaper, who received it from a chef at Michael Dean's restaurant.
- 6 tomatoes, ripe & quartered
- 1 medium red onion
- 29.58 ml fresh basil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml salt
- 7.39 ml pepper, coarsely ground
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth but not pureed.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Serve with crusty rolls or bread.
Delicious. We loved this bread salsa. Very flavorful. Easy to make. Made as written. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup. Thank You.