Recipe by gail coburn
This is a very good Bread Pudding recipe from New Orleans.
Top Review by ChefRedCello
This is a delicious bread pudding recipe. I only made half of the recipe, and used two eggs. I also added a touch of nutmeg, which I thought complemented the whiskey sauce very well. The result was light and moist, and I will definitely make it again! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 946.0 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 44.37 ml melted margarine
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29-236.59 ml butter or 118.29-236.59 ml margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 56.69 g Bourbon (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven 350 degrees.
- soak bread in milk.
- add eggs, sugar, vanilla, raisins and mix well.
- Pour margarine in bottom of heavy 9x14 baking pan.
- Add bread mixture and bake til firm about 40 minutes.
- cube it and place in individual dessert dishes.
- When ready to serve add Whiskey Sauce and heat under broiler for a few minutes.
- Cream sugar and margarine and cook in a dble boiler until very hot and dissolved.
- Add beaten egg and whip very fast so egg doesn't curdle.
- Cool and add Whiskey.