Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yummy.Use a dense bread for this.I dont remember where I got this from
- 6 slices day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Break bread into small pieces into an loaf pan.
- Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cardamom, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
- Variation: If you dont like cardamom, use cinnamon.