Recipe by mozarth622
This recipe was written in French only and translates from the Paul Martin Cook Book and translated in English in my own words but not textually.
- 1 large Belgium bread (1 or 2 days old) or 1 large Italian bread (1 or 2 days old)
- 3 -4 tablespoons softened butter
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove all crust from bread.
- Cut crumb in 1 ½-inch squares and butter one face.
- Bring milk to boil; stop before it bubbles.
- With an electric mixer, blend the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Add these ingredients to milk and blend to dissolve sugar.
- In large enough enamel dish, put in the bread squares butter side down; cover it with the milk mixture.
- In a large pan, put about 2 inches of warm water and set in your bread preparation.
- Put in a preheated oven 350°F for about 40 minutes.
- Cover the pudding with the jam and back to oven for about another 10 minutes; remove from oven and let it cool and serve.