1/2 Photos of Bread of Barbados
1 hr 10 mins
This unusual bread actually comes from Best of the Best from Georgia, but they call it Bread of Barbados.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine almonds with flour, graham cracker crumbs, chocolate, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- 2Mix well.
- 3Cream butter with sugar until fluffy.
- 4Beat in eggs, 1 at a time and then beat in the mashed bananas.
- 5Beat until smooth.
- 6Stir in the almond mixture.
- 7Spoon into well-greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until well done.
- 9Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- 10Cool before slicing.
- 11To serve, cut thin slices.
- 12Spread, if you wish, with soft butter or cream cheese.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread of Barbados
Serving Size: 1 (687 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2430.4
- Calories from Fat 1011
- Total Fat 112.4 g
- Saturated Fat 50.4 g
- Cholesterol 585.5 mg
- Sodium 4125.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 329.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 175.5 g
- Protein 44.8 g