Recipe by Joodie
I derived this recipe from another one on this site. I was missing some of the ingredients, so made some substitutions. I don't like to dirty too many things in my kitchen (mixer, bowl, and loaf pan), so I tried it out in my bread maker- worked out fine.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml bread flour
- 236.59 ml quick oats (the recipe recommends a cup, which worked well for me)
- 59.16 ml honey
- 88.74 ml white sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 large bananas or 3 medium bananas, well mashed
- 59.14 ml ground flax seed meal
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In bread maker, combine eggs (slightly beaten), honey, mashed bananas, applesauce, and flax meal.
- You can do this in a separate bowl. I did in my food processor because I didn't have quick oats. Pulse 4 or 5 times. Blend together oats, flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to wet ingredients in bread maker.
- Set to quick bread. Add almonds when you see that the dough is well incorporated.