Recipe by Pets'R'us
Besides that this bread looks stunning, it also has great texture. I made it 5 or 6 times now. One time it did not come out too well and the reason was that I was a bit sloppy with measuring the ingredients. If you coarsely grate the beetroot you will be left with red dots scattered in the bread--finely grated and the beetroot won't be noticeable.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
Now I know what to do with that one lone beetroot sitting at the back of the fridge. Great recipe that tastes great and which gets another vegetable into my children without them registering.
- 158.51 ml lukewarm water
- 236.59 ml grated raw beetroot
- 768.91 ml white bread flour
- 14.79 ml soft butter
- 7.39 ml salt
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml easy-blend dried yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the ingredients in the order listed or according to instructions of your bread machine.
- Set the machine to the basic white setting with medium crust.
- Check whilst the machine is kneading the dough, if needed scrape the dough on the sides down with a spatula.
- When cycle is finished, turn out the bread on to a wire rack to cool.