This is from Lora Brody's book, Bread Machine Baking. She says, "The riper the bananas, the more flavor you'll get."
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached white flour (from hard wheat)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup steel cut oats, soaked in 1/3 cup boiling water until the mixture is at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 extra-large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup banana, very ripe, mashed
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- Place all ingredients in the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Program the machine using its basic bread setting.
- Press Start.