Recipe by mersaydees
This is from Lora Brody's book, Bread Machine Baking. She says, "The riper the bananas, the more flavor you'll get."
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Made for Feb., 2008 Aussie/New Zealand Swap. Very good and moist bread recipe. I made the dough in my bread machine, but cooked the bread in the oven. The lightly sweet taste of the bananas was a real plus in this bread. Thanks for a great recipe, mersaydees.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached white flour (from hard wheat)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup steel cut oats, soaked in 1/3 cup boiling water until the mixture is at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 extra-large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup banana, very ripe, mashed
- 1 tablespoon yeast