1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 10 mins
insulin resistant carb addict's Note:
This recipe is based on the Loaf Bread from Life of a Grain Free Mom (http://lifeofagrainfreemom.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/loaf-bread/). Fortunately, I'm not grain free and was able to modify the original recipe to better suit my daughter's diet (free of gluten, apples (cider vinegar) and added sugar/honey/molasses). I use pear baby food to feed the water and xylitol to slightly sweeten the bread. You can puree your own pears or use applesauce, or just use 3 Tbsp honey, sugar or even molasses. I will attempt to tweak this further to exclude eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 192 g potato starch
- 120 g tapioca flour
- 120 g gluten-free oat flour
- 30 g buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons Xylitol sweetener
- 2 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon clear vinegar
- 246 g warm water
- 3 tablespoons pureed pears
- 1Prepare bread pan. Shortening with a dusting of buckwheat may work for you but I've long given up that and instead use parchment paper to line the pan though it won't stay in place until weighted down with dough.
- 2Mix all dry ingredients in medium sized bowl.
- 3In stand mixer bowl, whisk together eggs, vinegar, water and pears.
- 4Add dry ingredients to mixer bowl and blend on low speed (KitchenAid stand mixer speed 4) for 1-2 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides down if needed.
- 5Scrape dough into prepared pan and smooth the top with wet fingertips.
- 6Cover dough with towel and let rise in a warm area until dough reaches the top of the pan (I preheat the oven when this happens).
- 7Bake at 350?F for 10 minutes.
- 8Cover loosely with foil then bake an additional 50-60 minutes.
- 9Allow to cool before slicing.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread, Free of Gluten and Added Sugars
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 165.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: