Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is based on the Loaf Bread from Life of a Grain Free Mom (http://lifeofagrainfreemom.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/loaf-bread/). Fortunately, I'm not grain free and was able to modify the original recipe to better suit my daughter's diet (free of gluten, apples (cider vinegar) and added sugar/honey/molasses). I use pear baby food to feed the water and xylitol to slightly sweeten the bread. You can puree your own pears or use applesauce, or just use 3 Tbsp honey, sugar or even molasses. I will attempt to tweak this further to exclude eggs.
- 192 g potato starch
- 120 g tapioca flour
- 120 g gluten-free oat flour
- 30 g buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons Xylitol sweetener
- 2 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon clear vinegar
- 246 g warm water
- 3 tablespoons pureed pears
- Prepare bread pan. Shortening with a dusting of buckwheat may work for you but I've long given up that and instead use parchment paper to line the pan though it won't stay in place until weighted down with dough.
- Mix all dry ingredients in medium sized bowl.
- In stand mixer bowl, whisk together eggs, vinegar, water and pears.
- Add dry ingredients to mixer bowl and blend on low speed (KitchenAid stand mixer speed 4) for 1-2 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides down if needed.
- Scrape dough into prepared pan and smooth the top with wet fingertips.
- Cover dough with towel and let rise in a warm area until dough reaches the top of the pan (I preheat the oven when this happens).
- Bake at 350?F for 10 minutes.
- Cover loosely with foil then bake an additional 50-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slicing.