3 hrs 10 mins
2 hrs 55 mins
From B&G canning mag. Prep time includes 2 hour soak time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In extra large bowl combine zucchini and onions. Sprinkle with salt and gently toss. Top with 2" crushed ice and weight down mixture with heavy plate. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- 2Remove ice and drain mixture in colander.
- 3In large pot combine vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, celery seeds, peppercorns and turmeric. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Take off heat and add zucchini mixture. Return to a boil, stirring frequently, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 4Ladle into hot pint sterlized jars, leaving 1/2 headspace. Wipe rims and add lids.
- 5Process in water bath for 10 minutes, start timing once water is boiling.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread and Butter Zucchini Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (2632 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.9
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4218.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 69.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g