Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is from a 1975 Rival cookbook. Serve this with some good dark bread and maybe some potatoes.
- 2 -3 lbs bratwursts, not cooked
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place bratwurst in saucepan and barely cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes; drain well.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Thoroughly combine remaining ingredients in crock pot. Add partially cooked bratwurst.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-10 hours.
- Serve with wooden pics.
Too much beer taste for us. Nobody wanted to eat it. I did manage to salvage this recipe by removing the liquid and replacing with a BBQ sauce for 1 hour before serving.