Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Vary the ingredients to use your favorite or in-season fruit at its juicy best. Serve this over slices of pound cake or on its own as a light dessert. Prep time does not include standing timein refrigerator.
- 3 cups fresh fruit such as sliced strawberries, peaches, apricots, blueberries, blackberries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apricot brandy or 2 tablespoons other fruit flavored brandy
- Combine the fruit in a medium bowl.
- Stir together the orange juice and brandy in a measuring cup.
- Pour over fruit; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours before serving, enjoy.
I'm reposting my comments on this recipe because I discovered it needs much more than 2 hours for the OJ and brandy to fully permeate the fruit. I made this yesterday afternoon and had some for dessert tonight, and the flavor was still subtle but much tastier than it was last night. I would highly recommend making this the night before. I would certainly make it again. It's great as a light summer dessert. I made it using strawberries, blueberries, and grapes.