Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
From my local paper, the Edmonton Journal. B.C. (B.C. stands for British Columbia for the non-Canucks) Enjoy.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 4 cups cherries, pitted
- 1⁄3 cup brandy
- vanilla ice cream
- Over medium heat, cook butter, brown sugar and ginger in a heavy saucepan or frypan until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- Stir in cherries and cook just until heated through and slightly softened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in brandy and boil 2 minutes.
- Spoon over ice cream and serve immediately.
My daughter-in-law served this to us and used Rum instead of Brandy and it was excellent. She spooned over angel food cake. She is a Canuck since you used the term in the description and I am blessed to have her in my family.