Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Roasted brandied apricots served over icecream. A splendid winter dessert.
- 6 cups apricots, pitted and quartered (fresh are best, but well-drained tinned apricots are fine too)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 6 shortbread cookies
- Preheat oven to 350*F Toss apricots in a bowl with the brown sugar, flour, brandy and vanilla extract.
- Pour fruit into an 8-cup baking dish.
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes until tender.
- Share warm fruit between 6 serving bowls.
- Top each bowl of fruit with a single scoop of vanilla icecream.
- Drizzle icecream with juices left behind in baking dish.
- Poke a shortbread cookie into the icecream.
- Serve warm.