Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From WW. 1 point. These freeze very well.
Make and share this Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 14 ounces all-bran cereal
- 3 3⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 egg whites
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup apple, peeled and chopped
- Combine bran cereal and milk.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix together flours, spices, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix together brown sugar, eggs, applesauce, craisins and apples.
- Add dry ingredients and milk mixture.
- Stir only until moistened.
- Fill oiled muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.