Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Apple Crisp, but with a twist...it uses bran cereal and wheat flour
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 6 cups baking apples, unpeeled & sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cereal, flour and brown sugar.
- With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mizture is crumbly; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the apples, cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- Dump the apple mixture into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cereal/flour mixture evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake in the preheated 325°F oven for about 45 min.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of each serving.