Recipe by Lizzie-Babette
Haven't made this yet, but the recipe looks delicious and easy -- plus, it's both lowfat and lowcal! From epicurious.com.
Top Review by lilmommy89
I made this yesterday with peas and horseradish/garlic mashed potatoes and everyone enjoyed it! I followed the directions completely and did not change a thing. I will be making these again and I am going to try it with chicken. I think that will taste great.
- 8 thin-cut boneless pork chops
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk (1%)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put pork in large glass baking dish.
- Mix 2 T lemon juice, thyme, lemon peel and garlic in small bowl and rub mix over both sides of chops.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour,& up to 1 day.
- Put pork chops on baking sheet, sprinkling each lightly with flour, then salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Working in batches, add pork to skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute per side.
- Return all pork to skillet.
- Add milk and boil until pork is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute (add more flour, if needed to thicken).
- Transfer chops to platter.
- Whisk remaining 1 T lemon juice into sauce in skillet and stir to blend, about 30 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper, then pour sauce over pork and serve.