Recipe by Brookelynne26
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
This recipe was very good. I followed the recipe almost exactly, the only thing I did differently was to mince the garlic. It was a little sweet for my taste, so next time I will reduce the brown sugar. Made for New Kids On The Block Tag Game.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- four pork chop, patted dry
- salt and pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 sprig rosemary (can substitute 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lemon, cut in 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a high sided saute pan with a lid, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the chops with salt and pepper and cook until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Scatter the onions and garlic around the chops. Nestle the rosemary sprig into the onions, sprinkle the brown sugar over top, add the broth, and top each chop with 2 slices of lemon. Reduce the heat, cover the pan, and simmer gently until almost cooked through but still pink, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chops to a plate and leave the onions and garlic in the pan. Briskly simmer the liquid, scraping up any caramelized bits from the bottom, until syrupy, about five minutes. Off the heat, discard the rosemary sprig and stir in the butter. Check the seasoning and serve chops topped with onions, sauce, and lemon slices.