Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sauce is creamy and delicious..even if you use low fat milk and sour cream.
Make and share this Braised Pork Chops in Sour Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless pork chop (4 chops)
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper.
- Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat; add chops; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn chops; cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup broth with barbecue sauce; pour over chops.
- Cover tightly; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove chops; keep warm.
- In same bowl, mix remaining broth, milk, sour cream and flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into skillet, cook and stir on med heat for 2 minutes.
- Serve sauce over chops.
AAAAAAAbsolutely FABULOUS!!! I didn't have the evaporated milk, so I just subbed 2% milk, and the recipe was just perfect!!! Put the sauce over some white rice, and it was a great dinner--thanks for an awesome dinner!!!~~~~TERESA
Wowweee! This was just TOO good! I had 1.9 lbs. of boneless chops, so I increased the sauce ingredients here and there just a tad. (I kept the flour at 3 T.) My chops were thick, so I cut them in half horizontally. I added 1/2 t. hot sauce to the milk mix. By the way, the sauce thickened up perfectly! Time it for 2 minutes over medium heat stirring constantly, it's just right! It was so delectable that we dipped the crispy edges of our rolls into it, which was a whole new dimension of tasty goodness! One recommendation: a whisk is invaluable for this recipe. Use it to mix the beef broth and barbecue sauce, and use it again to mix the evaporated milk, sour cream and flour. What a fabulous dinner...my table salutes this recipe with smiling faces! Yay! Served with crispy roasted red-skinned potatoes, corn, crescent rolls and tossed salad.
Great dish. I usually use lowfat sour cream in dishes like this because I like the extra tang. I think it would also have been nice with the full fat sour cream. I have to admit, I had too many things going on and ended up overcooking the pork chops so they were a little dry. If I gave 5 stars for dry chops, I can't wait to see how much we like it when I do it right;) I might add some sliced crimini mushrooms to the sauce next time. That would also be nice.