1/1 Photo of Braised Peruvian Chicken
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
Delicious chicken, smothered with a mildly spicy chili sauce dish that tastes as though it's been braised for hours even though it takes less than 1/2 hour to prepare. Recipe from Chatelaine Magazine and posted for ZWT 7
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop jalapeno, including seeds.
- 2Slice onion into wedges.
- 3Thickly slice pepper.
- 4Cut each chicken thigh into 2 or 3 bite-sized pieces and place chicken in a bowl. Sprinkle chicken with cumin and pinches of salt and toss to coat.
- 5Melt garlic butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 6When hot, add half of chicken and cook until light golden, (1 to 2 min per side).
- 7Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining chicken, adding more garlic butter if needed.
- 8When all chicken is removed, add broth to pot.
- 9Using a wooden spoon, scrape up and stir in any bits from pot bottom.
- 10Add jalapeno, onion, pepper and carrots.
- 11Return chicken and any juices to pot and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- 12Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is springy when pressed, (10 to 12 min).
- 13Sprinkle with cilantro.
- 14If you like a thicker sauce, ladle chicken and veg into bowls and boil sauce until reduced slightly, (3 to 4 min).
- 15Spoon over chicken.
- 16Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Peruvian Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 242.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: