Homey, lemony, delicious. 1 hour marinating time to allow flavours to develop.
Make and share this Braised Lemon Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Trim and discard pockets of fat.
- In a bowl, mix vinegar and oil, and season to taste.
- Add thighs and turn to coat.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- After 1 hour chilling time, preheat oven to 350F while continuing with recipe.
- Set a 5 to 6 quart ovenproof pan with lid over medium-high heat.
- Lift chicken thighs from marinade (reserve marinade) and arrange in a single layer in pan.
- Turn as necessary to brown on both sides, 4 to 6 minutes total.
- Transfer chicken to a rimmed plate and lower heat under pan.
- Add shallots and garlic to pan and stir frequently until shallots are limp, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and add marinade, lemons, vermouth, and herbes de Provence.
- Cover pan.
- Transfer to preheated oven and bake until chicken is very tender when pierced, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into bowls to serve.