1/3 Photos of Braised Lemon Chicken
Homey, lemony, delicious. 1 hour marinating time to allow flavours to develop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- 2Trim and discard pockets of fat.
- 3In a bowl, mix vinegar and oil, and season to taste.
- 4Add thighs and turn to coat.
- 5Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 6After 1 hour chilling time, preheat oven to 350F while continuing with recipe.
- 7Set a 5 to 6 quart ovenproof pan with lid over medium-high heat.
- 8Lift chicken thighs from marinade (reserve marinade) and arrange in a single layer in pan.
- 9Turn as necessary to brown on both sides, 4 to 6 minutes total.
- 10Transfer chicken to a rimmed plate and lower heat under pan.
- 11Add shallots and garlic to pan and stir frequently until shallots are limp, about 5 minutes.
- 12Return chicken to pan and add marinade, lemons, vermouth, and herbes de Provence.
- 13Cover pan.
- 14Transfer to preheated oven and bake until chicken is very tender when pierced, 30 to 45 minutes.
- 15Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 16Spoon into bowls to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.0
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.4 mg
- Sodium 121.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence