1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a great way to get the most out of a cheaper cut of meat that many have forgotten how to cook. Breast of lamb is a less expensive cut, but excellent if you know what to do with it. There is excess fat on lamb breast, so trim away all you can prior to cooking. From the Fanny Farmer Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the fat in a heavy pot.
- 2Add the breast and brown lightly on both sides.
- 3Sprinkle with thyme and add water.
- 4Add carrot, clove-studded onion, turnip, and pepper.
- 5Lower heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- 6Remove as much fat as possible with a spoon and salt to taste.
- 7Cut ribs into serving pieces.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Breast of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 24.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: