Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From the Mix a Mix Cookbook. A meat base to be used with... Beef Bourguignonne, Western Beef Stew, and Braised Beef Stroganoff.
- 5 lbs stew meat, cut in small chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 (2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 quart water
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Combine all ingredients in a large covered casserole or dutch oven. Stir until well-blended.
- Bake 3-4 hours until meat is tender. Cool.
- Put in eight 1-pint freezer containers, leaving 1/2 inch space at top. Seal and label containers. Freeze. Use within 3 months.
I make this all the time. The meat comes out very tender and freezes well later for easier meals. Try it.