1/3 Photos of Braised Balsamic Chicken With Garlic and Onions
Soooo flavorful! The house smells wonderful while this is cooking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon in a deep heavy skilled until crisp.
- 2Drain on paper towels, reserving bacon grease in skillet.
- 3Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Brown chicken in bacon greasse, in 2 batches, over medium hight heat, turning, about 8 minutes.
- 5Transfer chicken to plate.
- 6Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat.
- 7Lower heat, add onions to skillet and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly brown, about 10 minutes.
- 8Remove lid and continuing cooking until deep golden, about 10 minutes more.
- 9Add garlic and 1 cup water to skillet and bring to a boil, stirring 1 minute.
- 10Return chicken to skillet, turning pieces to coat, then arrange them skin side up and gently simmer, covered, until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- 11Transfer chicken to serving dish.
- 12Add balsamic vinegar to sauce and boil, uncovered, mashing garlic, until slightly thickened.
- 13Season with salt and pepper and pour over chicken, then sprinkle with bacon.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Balsamic Chicken With Garlic and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.1 mg
- Sodium 126.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 16.5 g