Recipe by BecR
Here's a favorite dish that's a delight to make for your family and friends because it's tasty, easy, and pretty to serve!! Enjoy! Originally from Pillsbury via "With a Grateful Prayer and a Thankful Heart" blog (see the pictorial).
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup peas (because we like peas, we toss them in as well) (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg, beaten (if multiple recipes are made, 1 egg is still enough)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine filling ingredients.
- Separate dough into 2 long rectangles. Place on ungreased cookie sheet with long sides overlapping 1/2”. Firmly press perforations and edges to seal. Press to form 14x9 rectangle.
- Spoon chicken mixture in 3” strip lengthwise down center of dough. Cut 1” strips of dough from chicken to edge. Fold strips of dough at an angle alternating sides.
- Brush with egg, sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 8 servings.