Recipe by Hey Jude
This is Brad Pitt's Mom's recipe and is supposedly one of his favorite dishes. This needs to be made the night before and refrigerated overnight, which means you can't exactly whip this up if Brad drops in unexpectedly!
Top Review by Sassy Sandra
This was very, very good. I actually used diced ham instead of sausage, as I had the ham on hand. I also used hot dog buns instead of the bread crumbs. They worked great. This was so good, my kids just gobbled it up! Thanks so much for the great recipe. I will be making this again!
- 1 lb mild pork sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed bread, crusts
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in a medium skillet over low heat.
- Drain grease and set aside to cool.
- Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl; add milk, mustard and salt and blend well.
- Stir in bread crusts, add sausage and cheese and mix well.
- Pour into a shallow, 2-qt glass baking dish and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350° and bake casserole for 40-45 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.