- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (filet and pound flat)
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, sliced super thin
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup grated provolone cheese
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans roma tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven 450 degrees F.
- Lay chicken on flat surface season with salt and pepper.
- place slices of ham over breasts until all is used.
- in bowl- mix parsley, bread crumbs, cheeses, eggs, basil and rosemary.
- layer some filling on each chicken breast on the smaller end roll up the chicken tightly and secure with butchers twine or toothpicks.
- place in foil pouches and bake 15-20 minutes in shallow pan.
- make sauce while roasting chicken in large pot saute garlic in olive oil for about 2 minutes.
- add tomatoes, basil and salt let cook for about 45 minutes at a slow boil.
- when chicken comes out quickly brown them in a little olive oil, top with sauce and serve over pasta.