Recipe by pinkie
I found this in a Woman's Day magazine. This was very good. The chicken is optional.
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, tough stems removed, leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts or 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large post of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta; cook as package directs.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skilled over medium heat. Add half the garlic; saute 1 minute, or until golden.
- Add half the spinach and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper; saute 1 minute, or until spinach wilts. Add remaining spinach and cook until wilted. Remove to a plate.
- Add remaining 3 Tbsp oil and remaining garlic to skillet. Saute until garlic is golden. Add tomatoes and remaining 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute, or until tomatoes start to release their juices. Set aside.
- Drain pasta in a colander and rinse under running cold water until cool, then drain well.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss gently to mix. Serve at room temperature.