1/8 Photos of Bow Ties With Sausage, Tomato, and Cream
A very easy pasta dish for busy evenings. I like it served with crusty bread (to dip in the sauce) and a tossed salad. I have even doubled the recipe and served it to guest on a casual evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb polska kielbasa, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can italian-style plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 2Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- 3Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- 4Cook sausage and pepper flakes until sausage is heated and browning around the edges.
- 5Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender.
- 6Stir in tomatoes, cream, and salt.
- 7Simmer until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 8Stir cooked pasta into sauce, and heat through.
- 9Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bow Ties With Sausage, Tomato, and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.5
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 181.6 mg
- Sodium 1132.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 20.5 g