Recipe by Ms B.
A very easy pasta dish for busy evenings. I like it served with crusty bread (to dip in the sauce) and a tossed salad. I have even doubled the recipe and served it to guest on a casual evening.
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb polska kielbasa, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) canitalian-style plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Cook sausage and pepper flakes until sausage is heated and browning around the edges.
- Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, cream, and salt.
- Simmer until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir cooked pasta into sauce, and heat through.
- Sprinkle with parsley.