A very easy pasta dish for busy evenings. I like it served with crusty bread (to dip in the sauce) and a tossed salad. I have even doubled the recipe and served it to guest on a casual evening.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Cook sausage and pepper flakes until sausage is heated and browning around the edges.
- Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, cream, and salt.
- Simmer until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir cooked pasta into sauce, and heat through.
- Sprinkle with parsley.