Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe from Redbook magazine.
- 2 tablespoons salt, plus
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (bow ties)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 ounces sliced italian prosciutto, cut crosswise into thin strips
- In a large skillet bring 2 inches of water to a boil.
- Add 1 tsp salt and the aspagagus.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes until just tender.
- Pat asparagus dry and cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a large pot cook pasta in 4 quarts of water and 2 tbsp salt until al dente.
- In a small saucepan heat the cream over medium heat to a simmer and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain the pasta reserving some of the cooking water.
- In a large serving bowl combine the pasta cream and cheese; toss well.
- If the sauce is too thick add some of the cooking water.
- Add the asparagus and prosciutto and toss again.
- Serve immediately.