I'm typically not a lover of asparagus mixed with pasta but in this dish, IT ROCKS! My family appreciates a drier pasta so if yours likes things a bit saucier you may want to double the EVOO/butter to get it to your consistency. I usually love broccoli mixed in a pasta like this but the asparagus is by far the better choice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb turkey sausage (hot or mild, cut in 1 inch slices)
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 dashes crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 lb farfalle pasta, cooked according to directions on package
- 1Heat pan with olive oil and butter. Once butter melts, add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add sausage, and cayenne pepper. Cook 2 minutes.
- 2Add bell pepper, asparagus and black pepper, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is tender, but crispy.
- 3Sprinkle cheese over sausage mixture and mix well.
- 4Pour over hot farfalle pasta. Toss to coat. Add salt if needed.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bow Tie Pasta With Sausage and Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.9
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 522.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 25.1 g