Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm typically not a lover of asparagus mixed with pasta but in this dish, IT ROCKS! My family appreciates a drier pasta so if yours likes things a bit saucier you may want to double the EVOO/butter to get it to your consistency. I usually love broccoli mixed in a pasta like this but the asparagus is by far the better choice!
- 1 lb turkey sausage (hot or mild, cut in 1 inch slices)
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 dashes crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 lb farfalle pasta, cooked according to directions on package
- Heat pan with olive oil and butter. Once butter melts, add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add sausage, and cayenne pepper. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, asparagus and black pepper, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is tender, but crispy.
- Sprinkle cheese over sausage mixture and mix well.
- Pour over hot farfalle pasta. Toss to coat. Add salt if needed.
I have made this twice. Love it! We don't care for bell pepper, so leave that out. A great Summer recipe.
Made this for dinner tonight, it was fabulous! Wish I had used more asparagus though. Thanks for the recipe, will definitely be making this again!
What a delicious pasta dish!! I was looking for something to make using the asparagus I had, and I stumbled upon this. I only had sweet Italian sausage and no bell pepper, but it still came out really well!! I will definitely make again, using the bell pepper.