Recipe by Ceezie
This is a low fat version that tastes just as good as the original.
Top Review by nkoprince08
This is an awesome recipe!! It's super simple to make and tastes great. I did a few things differently: I minused the salt (due to diet restrictions) and added 1/4 tsp. red pepper also my sauce wasn't thickening so I added 1 T. cornstarch and it thickened right up. Thanks for posting...I can't wait to make this again!!
- 44.37 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 709.77 ml bow tie pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 473.18 ml uncooked vegetables (broccoli, carrots, sweet peppers etc)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 quart saucepan stir together flour, salt, pepper, milk and chicken broth. Cook on medium heat, stirring often, until mixture is thick and bubbly. Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. After approximately 6 minutes, add vegetables and allow to cook for 3 minutes longer. Drain.
- While sauce and pasta are cooking, cook garlic and seasoned chicken in skillet on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Combine chicken and sauce with pasta and veggies. Garnish with remaining parmesan cheese.