Recipe by chia
i got this recipe in my email, looks like an easy side dish for any meal.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
My new favourite comfort food! These and a green salad were wonderful for dinner last night. The boursin and butter and milk made them so rich and creamy. Everyone has to try these! The kids wolfed them down (every mom's dream!).
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 5 ounces wheel of boursin garlic & herb spreadable cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- green peppercorn, cracked
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the potatoes carefully and pierce each side with a fork to release steam while cooking.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour at 350 degrees or microwave approximately 13 minutes on high until they are soft on all sides.
- Once removed from the oven or microwave, allow them to rest for 5-10 minutes until you can easily handle them.
- Once they can be handled easily, slice off the flat side neatly and remove the potato carefully with a soupspoon, being careful not to rip the skin.
- Place the hot potato into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the potato with a hand masher, mixer or potato ricer and add the Boursin cheese and butter.
- Mix well.
- Add the milk slowly while mashing until the consistency is that of mashed potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the potato mix is perfect, stuff it back into the potato skins, making sure that the potato mix sits high above the skin.
- Sprinkle with paprika and cracked green peppercorns for flavor and color.
- Before serving, reheat in the oven or microwave.