Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
sooooo good! from 11/1984, Food and Wine
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan combine the bourbon, shallots and.
- orange zest. Bring to a boil over moderate hear, lower.
- the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until the.
- bourbon is reduced to a syrupy glaze on the bottom of.
- the pan, about 10min.
- Add the cranberries and sugar, stirring well until the.
- sugar dissolves. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer,.
- uncovered, until most of the cranberries have burst.
- open, about 10min.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the pepper. Transfer.
- to a bowl, let cool to room temperature, cover and.
We have used this recipe for years since we found it in Food and Wine. It has been a hit every Thanksgiving at our table.