Recipe by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
These are the best baked beans--very tasty. Very easy to make as well--can be made on the stove top, in the oven, or in a crock pot. I never fail to get rave reviews at pot lucks and family outings.
Top Review by l745hauck
I'll try this recipe. Now retired, I can easily spare the time to make it from scratch. I will use two large crushed garlic wedges inplace of garlic powder and will boil/then turn down for 1 1/2 hours.
- 4 (16 ounce) cansboston baked beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 cup jack daniels Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard